Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Thindependence Day to Me!

Today I celebrated my freedom from the prison of unwanted fat and the right to bare my arms by running 5-ish miles -- yeah me!

During my jaunt I passed two runners (a rare sight in these parts) and was passed by a member on a bike from my Sat group (she gets a bravo for being "sighted in action" by me).

The plan today is to shower up and lead my only meeting today (hopefully it will be jam packed with dedicated "losers"), enjoy a Golden Spoon frozen yogurt, see a movie (hopefully Pirates!), dunk in the inlaws' pool and BBQ. I promise to stick to appropriate portions of whatever is there, but I will bring something 0 points to snack on just in case ;)

So how are you celebrating your Thindependence today?

So let's all stand, put your hand over a body part you would like to shrink and say together,
"I pledge allegiance to myself
In quest of my weight goal
And the healthiness for which it stands
One body...
Under control...
Indisputably
With confidence in new clothes for fall."

No comments: