Monday, July 9, 2007

Core of the Matter


Like I mentioned recently I would like to drop a few pounds. Well, "dropping" any weight for me lately usually isn't the case. Let's call it slowly losing tenths of a pound.

So I decided to bite the bullet and give Core a shot this week. I will attempt to document it here. Perhaps that will add to the accountability. I warn you, your eyes may glaze over reading this:

7/8
coffee with splenda and ff milk
Alternative Pita w/sf jam (1 point plus 0)
Ran 5.2 miles (5 AP's to account for 5 points unCore foods like my pre-run breaky)
1 bottle of propel (30 cals -- 1 point)
WW choc smoothie w/FF milk and frozen banana

Golden Spoon regular size frozen yogurt -- it's HUGE! (3)
SF Wintermint Gum (0 --but chewed whole pack all day long and during movie)
Diet Coke -- 2 (not points, just bottles during the day)

Salad with lettuce, ff refried beans, 1/3 of leftover chicken breast, corn, salsa, onion, couple squirts Wishbone Asian dressing, rice wine vinegar
La tortilla factory tortilla (1)

watermelon nibbles while cutting it up

small baked potato with salsa, icbinb spray, ff yogurt, hot sauce
2 oz core hamburger with ketchup, no bun
big salad with lettuce/core veggies, 2 tsp evoo, rice wine vinegar
carrots, raw
chocolate pudding and 1/2 100 cal snack of chips ahoy cookies dipped in (1)

note: I think I ate too much. Wasn't stuffed, but it just seemed like too much
Weekly Points Allowance Used:2
Activity Points's used: 5

7/9
Three small pieces of watermelon
Coffee with splenda and FF milk

FF plain yogurt, ff cottage cheese, Fiber one, banana, sf vanilla pudding mix, cinnamon (whoops -- I don't think I can mix cereal with yogurt anymore on the recent Core plan. I think it is just milk. I will count it as Core today and try to change for the rest of the week. This used to be my favorite Core breaky/snack/dessert.)

Gum

Suhaila Salimpour's Beginning Bellydance Yoga Fusion
: Good for stretching, glute and bellyroll undulation isolations, mayas and figure 8's. It takes a while to get (like patting head and rubbing tummy at same time). Includes bonus features like cute little daughter's performance (worth it right there for that!) So cute!

Small piece of watermelon

45 minutes Elliptical and abs

Mex. shredded chicken, salsa, 1tsp evoo, carrots, lettuce, roasted bell pepper slices, mushrooms, rice wine vinegar, canned corn
Western Bagel Alternative pita (1 point)
diet coke

watermelon (a good "on the go" food packed in my WW cooler)
Golden Spoon yogurt, mini 1/2-1/2 cookie dough/pb cup (1)
1 each ww chocolate and orange "biscuits" (1.5 pts -- member brought back from England and shared in my meeting tonight... I need whole boxes of cookies hanging around my house like a hole in my head. Funny how the measure points to the 1/2 point on their packaging.)

baked potato with evoo, ICBINB spray, broc, cauliflower, ff cheese, ketchup, spices
spinach/lettuce mix salad with turkey veggies, rice wine vinegar (Nagano brand, seasoned)

dessert will be a WW smoothie and fruit shared with the Hubster
4 WW herb "biscuits" from England - 2 (doh!)

AP swapped: 4
WPA's left: 31

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good start following Core. I started Core almost 4 weeks ago during maintenance and have really been enjoying it.

FYI, the rule about Core cold cereal is that you can have it once a day, but it must be eaten with ff milk or ff yogurt. I don't think having both is a problem, especially since you can't have ff yogurt as a snack. It sounds to me like you're covered.

Mystic Kitty said...

Hey SG,

Good to see you!

Yes, you are right! I can have yogurt with my cereal as long as it is at "meal time." I just checked. Yippee! I can have this for breakfast (even though it is 2nd breakfast most of the time). I used to call it a snack, hehe. That was what changed. No yogurt and cereal for a snack.