Tuesday, July 3, 2007

And there will be cake!



Yesterday I received a cryptic message from my friend M on my cellphone, "Ivan and I are getting married at midnight. I invited just a few people. And there will be cake! So I hope you can come and share some cake with us!"

Huh? Who is Ivan (was he the famed archeologist/opera singer/cantor I heard about or someone else)? Married? How long were they engaged? Minutes? Didn't they meet only twice (ok for about a week each, but still) in person? I guess JDate or the like really works!






But the cake part is typical M. Like I wasn't planning on coming (midnight is too late for a "school" night), but the cake part cinched the deal. I would be there with bells on to eat cake. Never mind she was getting married. The cake was the deal-maker, LOL!


Actually hubby and I shared a piece AND there was champagne! So much for Reigning-in-the-points Monday.


Ha ha!


Well they only "sort of" eloped. There will be a chuppah wedding in the Fall. I suspect there were certain reasons they need the certificate I will not post on the blog and they are only suspicions really.


And there was cake indeed!


I was supposed to run this morning. Needless to say a 2:00 am bedtime put the kabosh on that! When then temps top out at 112 either you run at 5-6 am or gym-it.

Later I will be gyming it if I don't need a nap.



No comments: