Thursday, May 31, 2007

Fool me once. Fool me twice.

Ok, what is it lately with flakey instructors? Squishing a bellydance class into the middle of my day in between work gigs is hard enough (making sure I get out of my first one on time; pack up heavy load and load car in heat; drop off bars at a "center" so they don't melt in the car; do a quick change; rush to gym with minutes to spare) with having arrived only to find the instructor isn't there.

Next there is the whole issue of dealing with a sub. The lady who fills in is very nice, but not that good. In fact it would be like asking me to teach the class -- eek! I should have left like last time within just a few minutes (by taking a trip to the "bathroom" but not coming back -- wink wink), but this time we weren't sure if our instructor was coming or not. So I succombed to a 15 minute "warm-up" with the sub-lady.

Since there were a few experienced dancers there, I decided to stay, but couldn't stand it after a few minutes. If it wasn't for the steady exodus of students from the room, I would have left sooner as I didn't want it to be too obvious.

Finally I bit the bullet and left.

What a waste! Last week we were told the teacher would be there (and I didn't stick around for the sub because she lead another instructor's class Tuesday that week).

If I didn't like them so much along with the time being convenient I would look elsewhere.

I don't know, but I've got this thing about showing up and doing what you say you will do if people are relying on you. Time is valuable during a busy day. It is just plain inconsiderate.

Ok, enough ranting.

Last night I snuck in an awesome BD class at the Sahara gym taught by my Fri night instructor. 1.5 hours seemed like a long time, but we covered so much including floor work. By the way she said it was ok that I start attending her Sunday afternoon advanced class which works so much better in my schedule than a 12:30 class -- yeah!

And I ran this morning: 5.2 miles, legs were tired from all this dang-fool bellydancing and body-pump (the class being mundane, not the company -- sorry, but lifting weights to me is a necessary evil although having company gives it a "fun" factor -- thanks!)

Foodwise, I am still not back to tracking. What happened? Help, I have fallen and I can't get up!

1 comment:

Jack Sprat said...

Danielle: As a group leader who sometimes needs to get a sub for myself, I know how hard it can be. Usually for WWer meetings I can get somebody good. But for any kind of body movement class, it can be really, really hard to find a qualified person.

I don't know what would be better... just cancel the class? I have walked out on many a crappy aerobics/kickbox/step/abs class.

-J